- Excellagen is a highly refined fibrillar bovine Type I collagen-based topical gel (2.6% collagen) designed for physician use during debridement procedures, and is engineered to support a favorable wound healing environment for non-healing lower extremity ulcers in diabetic patients.
- Excellagen is stored at standard refrigeration temperatures (2°C - 8°C) and is packaged in a kit containing four single-use syringes, and four sterile flexible applicators.
- Excellagen is labeled for use by health care professionals in a clinical setting.
Benefits of Excellagen include:
- Ready-to-use, pre-filled sterile syringes minimize preparation time.
- Simple and easy: no thawing or mixing.
- Flowable: no sutures or staples.
- Viscosity optimized gel is dripless and provides complete wound coverage.
- Only a thin layer required.
- Treatment is needed at only one or two week intervals.
Detailed information about Excellagen can be found in the Directions for Use.